Nassau County Association of Mathematics Supervisors
NCAMS is a proud affiliate of the National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics (NCSM).
You can find out more about the NCSM HERE
PARCC Released Items
The states that make up the PARCC consortium are taking the exceptional step of releasing test items from this year’s PARCC assessment to give teachers a powerful tool to inform and improve classroom teaching and learning. The test items were built with robust mathematics problems and authentic reading passages selected and reviewed extensively by dozens of educators from PARCC states.
If you are looking for Dan Meyer's Long Island conference “Debriefing” notes. Click Here
Websites Supporting the Common Core
1. This website provides a wealth of practical guidance on how to present the Common Core topics per grade. The document contains a year-long overview including topics from the 2005 Curriculum that are to be omitted and topics that should have been taught in earlier grades. The most valuable part of these documents is formed by the set of high level unit overviews for each grade level-
“Use the high-level unit overviews and resources available at the school and forthcoming from the State to teach a sequence of instruction that fully addresses the standards represented.”
Be sure to click on “Search Tasks and Units” on the right side of the page. Great tasks!
2. Universal Design for Learning has a website with all sorts of technology tools, questioning techniques and graphic organizers for the development of deeper learning.
4. Mathhampton - Math support for Students, parents, teachers and administrators.
5. Lasting achievements in K–8 by Jason Zimba is a short “Why” of the Common Core. It gives more explanation of the necessity of College and Career Readiness
7. http://www.nassauboces.org/slo email at email@example.com
8. NCTM Illuminations [firstname.lastname@example.org]
12. Super Sites for students http://www.educationoasis.com/resources/sitesforstudents.htm#m
14. Annenberg Learner http://www.learner.org/resources/browse.html?discipline=5&grade=0
15. Part of Annenberg learner if you want to get to geometry very fast. http://www.learner.org/courses/learningmath/geometry/index.html
16. An amusement park of mathematics. http://www.coolmath.com/
18. The National Library of virtual manipulatives http://nlvm.usu.edu/en/nav/vlibrary.html